Range Tribune HE Continually Firing.. HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Range Tribune Unvented is continually firing today, heating and water are off and its not heating the radiators. We moved in to a new build and werent given any guidance or instructions on the system (currently being challenged amongst other issues with the devloper!!)

Firstly, why is it doing this? Secondly, is there anything I can do it to stop it myself? I really dont want this going on all night!

Thanks in advance!
Katy

Sponsored Links
The Tribune is the hot water tank, I presume you mean the boiler is continually firing? It may be an electrical issue, somewhere the boiler is still recieving a call for heat. In current temperatures could well be a frost stat overriding the timeclock if both heating and hot water are set to off at the clock.

It's likely to be a stuck switch on a zone valve keeping the boiler going, turn off at power switch for heating and that will stop it for now. Switch it on when you need heating. Could be wired wrongly as we'll if its a new house??

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your responses. It is the hot water tank that is continually running. Boiler seems OK. It had run all day and all night yesterday and is still running now. I've been here for nearly 2 years and this is the third time this has done this, and righted itself eventually, had someone out and was told nothing was wrong, but its been running for 24 hours now!

Forgive my ignorance (no idea about this kind of stuff and without operating manuals) but where can i turn this off? The only switch I can find is for the immersion?

Its apparent I need to arrange for an expert to visit to assess as i've not a clue!

when you say it's continually firing / running, what exactly do you mean? Describe your symptoms in as much detail as possible please, I don't think anyone here is quite sure what issue you're experiencing at the moment

The hot water tank sounds as if its continually heating the water, its constantly on. The immersion heater isnt switched on so it cant be this. I'm sorry if this is vague.

Probably best if i just get someone out to have a look as its been "on" for 24 hours now, despte the water being on a timer, which should switch it off at the specified intervals.

Is your boiler continually running? Are the pipes going into side of the cylinder hot?

How about the central heating pump (if you can find it)? Is that running constantly? You might be able to feel a slight vibration on the housing, if you temporarily move the speed selector to between speed positions the pump should stop if it's running, this will confirm the problem but don't leave it like that, you need to put the selector back where it was.

Is there any discharge from the pressure relief to outside?

Something is telling it to run then, my guess is that it's been wired incorrectly as you're in a new build, it'd be very unusual for a brand new zone valve to stick open. You should have a room thermostat on your wall somewhere in the house, try turning that down to its lowest setting to see if that stops it

Thanks so much Muggles, i've turned the thermostat right down and will see if that has any effect. Either way, it clearly needs attending. At least i have a better understanding of what the issue is now.

Thanks again!

Hasnt stopped it but as per previous post at least ive got a better idea what the problem is. I guess i'll have to get someone out first thing Monday.

Thanks again.

I'm hoping the person that originally posted this may get notification i've replied - we're having the exact same problem with ours, spent over £300 getting it sorted last Christmas and still it's doing it, it's driving us mad and getting to the stage where we're having to turn the boiler off at the mains before work and at night or it'd fire all through the day/night. Did you get it sorted?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back