Range Tribune HE Unvented Direct Water Heater - Immersion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I had a burnt out element on the 300L Range Tribune.
I found out that the replacement is TS9 - Googling and finding the cheapest one, i found a place that sold a replacement TS9 - Presumably 14 inch 1 3\4 BSP which came to me as a hot rod, CESTB-340 (Seen as 16 Inch on Hotrod Website)
This fitted perfectly in my boiler. I managed to swap it over without draining the tank, and loosing very little water that a large towel under the drain absorbed.

Now measuring this.
The length of the original element was approx 13 Inch
The one that came had a actual lenght of nearly 15 inches.

My question is when it says 14 inch or 16 inch how is this length measured.

Since this fitted perfectly in my cylinder, i ordered another one for my neighbour. Unfortunately this did not fit as it seemed to hit the cold feed pipe even after trying to jiggle it around to fit.

Any suggestions? I should try to get a small lenght.
Would any one know what the real length should be. I rang range up and they said its 14 inch and 11 inch inside, but its slightly smaller than the one that was inside originally.

Also as preventive maintenance, i wanted to change the upper heater but that's stuck tight - just wont budge. think its best not to fix something thats not broken lest i break the tank

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back