Range Tribune HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please, please, please !
Can anyone help me with a huge issue.
I have a Range Tribune HE water heater in my rented property that I live in.
There is no instruction manual and the heater itself confuses the bell out of me as I don’t know what the green dial is for or the two white ones top and bottom. Also, what is the white ball shaped tank attached to the top of the water heater ?
The only thing I know for sure is that my electricity bills are through the roof and I am now in debt to the electricity supplier, so have switched the thing off from the main box

Sponsored Links
un vented cylinder :idea:

round thing at top is an expansion vessel (?)

dials ?? 2 white things are immersion heaters top and bottom probably :idea:

green dial ? dunno

have you tried googling the model will be on line

Transam
The only thing I can find is the installation guide which tells me absolutely nothing about how to regulate it.
If the two white things are immersions, how do you use them?

Attachments

• 9AAF6BAA-BCAF-4940-88E9-841B2A915C2F.jpeg
    9AAF6BAA-BCAF-4940-88E9-841B2A915C2F.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
You don't touch those immersion heaters.

Normally with a cylinder heated by electricity you would have a duel tariff contract.
The heater towards the top is only ever switched on to top up the cylinder if you run out of hot water during the day as that would use higher rate electric.
The lower heater (to heat the whole cylinder) would be timed to come on overnight depending on your cheaper rate electric hours.
Post pictures of any timeclocks/switched and the electric meters.

Presumably you have electric heating of some sort...that is the real energy consumer.

I have electric wall heaters which I don’t use as it’s too expensive. There is no timer or switch anywhere on the cylinder or in the cupboard housing the cylinder. Am completely stumped as to how it all works. All I know is that it’s damned expensive keeping the water heater on all the time

There should be a programmer/timer for the hot water where the time period for when the water is set to heat up.

Your landlord has a duty of care to you and all the stuff relanet to the flat and how it works should all be documented and then explained to you in a tenant pack. I suggest you contact them and arrange for it to be supplied/shown to you.

Unfortunately we don't know what the setup is and how it has all been arranged to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back