Range Tribune problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am new to this site and not sure if anyone can help. We have a range tribune he 150L indirect and we have had nothing but problems with it since we moved in 4 years ago (brand new house). We have already had a new pump fitted to it.

We seem to be having problems with the water temperature - we have hot water but it is not hot as it usually is and we always run out of hot water half way through a shower (not long 5-10 minutes). the instructions make no sense to me so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of what to try?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
One of the biggest problems I find with these cylinders is that the owners dont understand that turning the boiler stat down affects the hot water temp in the cylinder, so first question has to be what have you set you boiler at ? depending on what boiler you have there might be a temp display on the front.

hi
these are not conventional cylinders as such they are thermal stores
which are mains fed through a coil or plate exchanger depending on what model you have,is the stat set at around 75 degrees? if so it is probably scaled up giving no heat transfer if it was the blending valve it wouldnt be right from the start.

hi
these are not conventional cylinders as such they are thermal stores
which are mains fed through a coil or plate exchanger depending on what model you have,is the stat set at around 75 degrees? if so it is probably scaled up giving no heat transfer if it was the blending valve it wouldnt be right from the start.

you are confused. This is an unvented cylinder.

Most people who say 5 to 10 mins for shower often take longer!!

10 mins with average shower head 18lt/min will use up a cylinder full.

Make sure the hot water programmer is switched so the cylinder is full before shower and then the boiler will start re heat cylinder whilst you are showering giving you possibly up to another 50 or 60 lts to use

Sponsored Links
yep
sorry bout that, read it wrong somehow though it was a flowmax for some reason :oops:
i'll stand in the corner and face the wall.

OP, to an engineer its totally useless to say 5-10 minutes when 10 minutes is twice the length of a 5 minute shower.

As stated, people dont look at their 30m water resistant diver's watch when taking showers and most totally underestimate how long they are in the shower for. I have a clock in the bathroom to help people save water and get to school/work on time. ( Water is not metered though ).

Ask a husband how often he has sex ( with his wife ) and you get a completely different answer from what the wife will say!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back