Rangemaster Classic 90 dual fuel ignitor problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Rangemaster Classic 90, this has 5 burners.
The electrode for the wok sparks ok.
The other 4 no spark, are there 2 Ignition generators (and 1 has failed) or is there just the 1 & maybe a lead has come off?
Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
If it's the same as ours I'm pretty sure all the wires are connected by spade terminals, so by swapping them about you could prove what's working and what's not.

Sponsored Links
Your posts are confusing, your first post says only one ignitor working, the second says 4 ignitors are working. A quick resistance check between the electrode & each wire terminal at the other end will tell you if it is the ignition unit that is faulty or the other components.

@jj4091, sorry I missed the word 'NOT'
====
Seems to be ok now, I think the lady that cleaned it flooded the electrodes, or of course it could be an intermittent fault.

Probably your first thought, it's the most common cause, next to pans boiling over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back