Rangemaster Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a rangemaster 900 Dual Fuel cooker. Fundementally I think its great, BUT, my one big gripe is the gold transfer lettering on the facia and knobs, (showing the oven and grill settings etc.) In my experience this lettering is just not durable even if you follow the manufacturers instructions and only use hot soapy water to clean. Over time the lettering fades and disappears so that you cannot tell what oven temperatures are set. Rangemaster tell me that they have never had any customer complaints on this topic. Anyone had any problems in this respect?

Sponsored Links
I have a rangemaster 900 Dual Fuel cooker. Fundementally I think its great, BUT, my one big gripe is the gold transfer lettering on the facia and knobs, (showing the oven and grill settings etc.) In my experience this lettering is just not durable even if you follow the manufacturers instructions and only use hot soapy water to clean. Over time the lettering fades and disappears so that you cannot tell what oven temperatures are set. Rangemaster tell me that they have never had any customer complaints on this topic. Anyone had any problems in this respect?
Rangemaster are by far one of the best at keeping their transfers on the facia so it's nowhere near as common on their cookers than other makes but it can happen, how old is your cooker ?

Rangemasters ovens are built by different company's for them, if you regularly clean the fascias the lettering does tend to wear off and they will never admit it is a problem as it is common to most makes especially on the stainless steel models.

Rangemasters ovens are built by different company's for them, if you regularly clean the fascias the lettering does tend to wear off and they will never admit it is a problem as it is common to most makes especially on the stainless steel models.
Only built in ovens are made by other companies, all rangemaster ranges as above are made in house by rangemaster.

Sponsored Links
You could always get a new facia there not that expensive 20 min job for someone that knows what they're doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back