Rangemaster Kitchener dual fuel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Replaced both fan motor and element in smaller oven and now main oven is not working - worked fine until repair today, is this a connection issue? Oven indicator light not coming on, fan isn't operating and no heat. Suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Now another question I've noticed that the new fan fitted yesterday is still rotating whe oven is switched off. Is this a connection issue? I did note that that the new motor came with with 2 connection s per terminal discounting the earth. Any ideas gratefully received.

the new fan fitted yesterday is still rotating whe oven is switched off.

ovens commonly do this during the cooling-down cycle. It probably has a thermostat to keep it running.

might be a connection error?

turn it on to normal cooking temp, then off, see if the fan stops running when it cools down

Edited

Attachments

• 20201207_094426.jpg
    20201207_094426.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
OK, so fan continues to operate when oven is in off-mode? Any suggestions?

The only thing that I know of that could cause this is one of the contact copper fingers on the camshaft selector switch have welded themselves together so there's a continous feed to the fan. With a multimeter check if there's a feed to the fan. Providing your work is correct it can only be the camshaft selector. Oven fans on rangemaster's don't have a cooling function. Off is off.

Thanks, that seems to be the problem. Will replace the camshaft selector switch once I've identified its part number and order a new one.

I would be interested to know if you had the motor running all the time fault with the original fan motor or only after you replaced the fan motor and element.

The original fan motor switched off when turned off. It eventually failed, bearings I think, and then would not turn off, just continuously rattled. New motor fitted and fan runs constantly in both off and on mode.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back