Rascal+ Single push button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have moved house and i found that on the wall there is a Rascal+ alarm. I havent tried it as i dont have the code.

In the bedroom upstairs i found this button and it has a wire attached to it. When I try to follow the wire it is going under the flooring so i was wondering if it is part of the alarm system.

Any advise will be much appreciated

Thank you

Attachments

• IMAG3865.jpg
    IMAG3865.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
That is the panic button for the alarm system.
If you do not no the code Do Not press the panic buTeton as it will set off the alarm system and you will not be able to turn if off.
Ask the old owner for the code number.
If you can not get the code the only way would be to default the control panel and reprogram it.

Hi Thank you the reply

I will try to find someone to reprogram it or take it out all together

Very old control panel
Get a price to upgrade control panel and 're use the existing cabling if ok.
Better off using a wired system than a wireless system due to battery life of devices.

Sponsored Links
Hi
yes i can see the system is old.

Thank you for the advise do you think it is best to call the company whose number is on the blinking sirens outside the house as i presume they have install the system and then keep the panic button in the bedroom. My only worry about keeping the panic push button is that it is in the room of my child but i guess if he doesnt touch it it should be ok

But you do know that he WILL push the big red button.

Donald trump would like to push a red button!

Attachments

• Nuclear-Buttons-Featured-900x505.jpg
    Nuclear-Buttons-Featured-900x505.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 63
Other options is to do a total power down.Then if you child presses the button it will not send the alarm off.
If you do not have the code this could be your best option

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back