location of push panic buttons

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

im planning the installation of a wired texecom alarm system and was wondering if there are any vest practices for where the panic buttons should be situated?

I assume the key pad has a panic facility and since its by the front door, I wont need an additional panic button there.

im situating one by the side of our bed.

I welcome any advice on this topic.

Sponsored Links
Usually beside the master bed and by front door. Texecom is Panic is 1 + 3 together but be easier to press a panic button.

Remember headboards and bed side units when installing in the bedroom ?
You should have clear access to a panic button were possible

................... and if it is beside the front door. It should be sited away from the door so it becomes accessible if you are pushed back from the door when it is opened.

Why they get fitted adjacent to the door is beyond me. (Mickey mouse installers)

Sponsored Links
I was planning to leave the cable under the bed and then screw it an accessible area under the bed.
If I ahve the keypad accessible panic button near the front door and another one under the bed, I appear to be covered?

@Europlex that's a very good point. That would suggest that it should be on the side the door opens and further back (to allow for the pushing distance). If this is what you mean, I will need to install a dedicated panic button as the keypad will be adjacent to the door.

Last edited:
................... and if it is beside the front door. It should be sited away from the door so it becomes accessible if you are pushed back from the door when it is opened.

Why they get fitted adjacent to the door is beyond me. (Mickey mouse installers)

A ridiculous answer imo. What are you supposed to do mount panic buttons every meter just in case you are pushed away a little, more than a little or very hard? Why not fit one at skirting board level just incase you are pushed over.

Next to the door is best imo or install a radio panic button if the risk is that high.

@ jupiter01 ......... and as soon as you take the door off the latch, it's pushed from the outside and you are thrown away from YOUR button towards mine. Duh!

Well your opinion is wrong. How long have you been doing this job (if you do), 5mins?

You have never serviced an alarm then, "Next to the door is best imo or install a radio panic button, if the risk is that high"

"Could I have the radio PAs please I need to check they are working correctly?" "Sorry, I don't know where my husband has put them"

Never had that scenario or similar?

There are reasons for doing things in so many ways, aren't there?

@ jupiter01 ......... and as soon as you take the door off the latch, it's pushed from the outside and you are thrown away from YOUR button towards mine. Duh!

Well your opinion is wrong. How long have you been doing this job (if you do), 5mins?

You have never serviced an alarm then, "Next to the door is best imo or install a radio panic button, if the risk is that high"

"Could I have the radio PAs please I need to check they are working correctly?" "Sorry, I don't know where my husband has put them"

Never had that scenario or similar?

There are reasons for doing things in so many ways, aren't there?

So how far do you install your panic buttons from the door if you know exactly where the victim is going to be pushed to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back