Wireless Panic Button

Guys,

the saga continues. Since fitting the dialler and panic alarm, the system doesn't appear to work properly.

When I set the full or part system, the system appears to set as normal and the control panel displays 'SET'.....(all good and get the right tones.) The problem is when a zone is activated, the alarm doesn't sound and the control panel remains showing 'SET'.
If I then put in the user code to unset the alarm, it unsets as expected, but then shows the zone that had been triggered when the system was set ie. 'ALARM KITCHEN'. If I set the alarm and then come through the entry/exit zone, the warning tone sounds as normal. If I don't enter the code within the specified time, the alarm goes off as expected.

I have also tried the walk test and when I activate the zones the internal sounder goes off, as expected and the control panel shows which zone has been alarmed, so it appears to be working ok. It is only when it is set it doesn't activate the alarm.
I have since removed all the cables for the panic button and dialler so it is back to original setup.

I cannot confirm if it was working properly before I started installing the dialler and panic alarm as thank fully it rarely goes off.

Anyone any suggestions on what could be the issue? Oh it is a Eurosec CP8L in case you haven't read the previous posts.

Thanks in advance.

Al

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Spot on, that's what it was. It reset some settings when I took the power off. All the other settings looked like they remained. Not sure why only the bell delay went to 10 mins. Sorted now. Thank you both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back