Yale alarm question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , Ive just installed a new Yale wireless alarm which works great , but can’t seem to find out what the red buttons are for on the small wireless keypad?. They are called ‘panic alarm a & b’. I understand why there might be one , but two?

Sponsored Links
I wonder what model it is.

post some photos, too.

Sorry , here it is...

Attachments

• DCE72EE2-FABD-4855-ACA2-8696558A3315.jpeg
    DCE72EE2-FABD-4855-ACA2-8696558A3315.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 314
I don't know that model. Is the keypad described in

edit
can't see an instruction manual on their website.

I have an idea that on one of their models, you press both panic buttons together (to reduce the risk of it going off by mistake if you just press one)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, still can’t see where it tells you what they are used for?
Which page tells you this ?

Sorry , didn’t see all of your reply. That’s great. Thanks

Also, do you know if the PIR’s will be activated if they are pointed at letter box’s ?

it used to be better if they were aimed to capture someone after they had come through the door and were walking down the hall, so they were not activated at the same time as the door sensor, as the radio signals may interfere with each other. Your model may be different. They work better when somebody walks past or across the PIR sensor, rather than towards it.

I don't know about the letter box. Mine is beside the front door and points away from it.

If you press and hold both red buttons at the same time it will act as a panic alarm and set the siren off wether the system is set or not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back