Yale alarm question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just a quick question regarding Yale wireless alarms.
If someone broke in an the alarm activated, would the outside siren still sound if the control panel was smashed?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. I was concerned I might need to hide the main panel and use a separate keypad by the door.

That would be the best idea. You don't want anyone interfering with its ability to phone out the activation messages (assuming your version has that ability) or interfering with it during the entry countdown before the alarm activates.

Out of sight, and away from probable entry points, is best.

Even the keypad can be out of sight, for example on the inside of the understairs cupboard door, to prevent casual doorknockers being able to identify your security arrangements. At one time I did that, and had a dummy Menvier keypad (a few pounds on ebay) by the door.

I like the panel near the bedroom, where you can, if you want, hear it chime if the front door opens. The panel siren (if yours has one) can also wake you even if the external siren is on the other side of the house and you have thick doors, for example if a dopey visitor goes down to let the cat out without unsetting the night alarm.

I have an upstairs internal siren for that reason (and my system includes smoke detectors) as I have fire doors which muffle sound.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've had several houses, and looked after my old mum's with a couple of versions of Yale.

Thanks JohnD, I'll look into moving it, although a competent burglar would probably cut my virgin cables as they enter the front of the house anyway.
I'm interested in a second internal siren if the is one for my system.

Thanks Bernard, I've got a Yale. I have read some of your posts and am aware of your views on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back