Wireless Panic Button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I don't know if there is such a thing as a wireless panic button. I need one as my mother is not very mobile and if something happens she can set it off alerting myself as i plan to have a speech dialer.

I'd be installing a texecom premier 24 most likely or a Honeywell Galaxy

I'd rather not wire as that potentially means loads of buttons where as a wireless she could carry on herself.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could try a Visonic wireless pa wrist strap, basically a watch type panic button that your mum could keep round her wrist, this will need a receiver at the end station which can be wired directly into one of the alarm zone inputs and programmed as p.a! Most security alarm suppliers will stock the visonic kits! Any more questions let me know.

you can also get a DIY wireless intruder alarm kit that monitors the sensors, and if there has been no activity for xx hours (e.g. going to the bathroom, opening the back door to let the cat in, going into the kitchen) it will alarm the lack of activity and raise an alarm, phoning several numbers until it gets a response.

you can buy an alarm button like a watch to link to it.

however if you are planning to install a wired system it may not be what you want.

and if something happens she can set it off alerting myself as i plan to have a speech dialer.
Have you considered how rapidly you will be able to respond when she needs urgent help.
There are systems using a loaudspeaking telephone where the alarm goes to a monitoring service whose staff can then assess the situation by speaking to the person via the telephone loud speaker. They can then alert family members or trusted friends if the person is not in urgent need of help or if necessary alert the necessary emergency services.

If you are woken in the early hours your reaction times compared to on duty staff are slow and will add delay if urgent help is needed

Sponsored Links
and if something happens she can set it off alerting myself as i plan to have a speech dialer.
Have you considered how rapidly you will be able to respond when she needs urgent help.
There are systems using a loaudspeaking telephone where the alarm goes to a monitoring service whose staff can then assess the situation by speaking to the person via the telephone loud speaker. They can then alert family members or trusted friends if the person is not in urgent need of help or if necessary alert the necessary emergency services.

If you are woken in the early hours your reaction times compared to on duty staff are slow and will add delay if urgent help is needed
A lot of Councils offer this service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back