Rat droppings on the green wheelie bin lid?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went out to lock the shed this evening for the day, and on the way to the shed, I saw what looked like rat droppings on the lid of the green wheelie bin. But I was wondering, how could rat climbe onto the tall wheelie bin? Because I saw on Youtube videos, that rats falling into the buckets made to be traps for them, and once they fell, they couldn't climbe back up, but just die in there the plastic bucket filled with water. They try to climbe up, but there is nothing to hold onto to climbe. So, how could have rats climbed onto the top of the plastic wheelie bin, and placed droppings on the top of the closed lid of the wheelie bin? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Are they definitely rat droppings and not some other animal such as a squirrel or even a bird?

Are they definitely rat droppings and not some other animal such as a squirrel or even a bird?

I checked with google imges of rat droppings, and they definitely looked like rat droppings - the shape, colour and size :(

Sponsored Links
I think squrrels have a lighter shade, but like most things, the colour can depend on what the host has been eating.

Do you have a fence nearby, buggers can climb up wood easily. Could they get access from off the shed? I had some on a bird table so its easily done.

Rats can jump 6ft vertical and climb vertical surfaces like brickwork, so bins are easy.

Only way to know for sure is to taste it! Lol

absolutly no expert buuutt
rats use rat runs usually in lines on a easy grade often leaving greasy trails but almost always on the move as they seldom dwell so climbing onto a bin and pausing for a crap and pooping makes no sense as dwelling only happens when eating or gnawing but purely a guess as i say

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back