Rather techy DHW question...

Sponsored Links
Chrishutt wrote

What's the difference?

If you can't see that then get out of the business.
An 18 year old apprentice could see the difference.

Also it's not page 8, it's section 8 on page 11 of document

Try concentrating on the schematic instead of nitpicking what page its on.

OK just re edited my previous post to make it a bit clearer.
My apologies. :(

Balenza said:
Chrishutt wrote

What's the difference?

Also it's not page 8, it's section 8 on page 11 of document

Try concentrating on the schematic instead of nitpicking what page its on. :rolleyes:

OK just re edited my previous post to make it a bit clearer.
My apologies.

ACV are right, I should have seen that. Subtle difference. In theirs the water flow is always in one direction in all pipes. The one I did has the flow reversing depending on the TMVs position. They switch the tees positions.

Sponsored Links
Balenza said:
Chrishutt wrote

What's the difference?

So what is the difference in the pump position? Before you edited your post that's what you said was different. It's not very clever to edit an earlier post to make someone else's response to it appear wrong.

Doctor Drivel said:
ACV are right. In theirs the water flow is always in one direction in all pipes. The one I did has the flow reversing depending on the TMVs position. They switch the tees positions.
So what? Does it make any difference to the operation?

Balenza, that's pathetic even by your standards. You can't answer the point made so you try to ridicule it. And if you are going to cast insults, at least try to get the spelling right, amateur.

chrishutt said:
kevindgas said:
unless you return water to cylinder it will cool down in no time so defeating the object of your aim
Is anyone suggesting anything different?

as i refer to the diagram above the post your picking holes in kindly explain how the water can pass from the pump to the cylinder and from the cold main to the TMV simultaneously ? i'd be interested in your smart alec answer!

its better to be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt :!:

kevindgas said:
...kindly explain how the water can pass from the pump to the cylinder and from the cold main to the TMV simultaneously ? i'd be interested in your smart alec answer!
It doesn't. What makes you think it would?

simple - hot water from cylinder 80 degrees pump running how do you propose to cool the temperature to a usable temperature when you can't get a cold flow into the TMV because the pump is pumping the water the opposite way!

kevindgas said:
simple - hot water from cylinder 80 degrees pump running how do you propose to cool the temperature to a usable temperature when you can't get a cold flow into the TMV because the pump is pumping the water the opposite way!
What makes you think the pump will be pumping the opposite way? The effect of the pump will be negligible compared to mains pressure driving the cold water towards the open cold port on the TMV.

fair enough, but i still can't see it working correctly as the TMV will dance about with the temperature variations as far as i can see.

i am happy to admit i don't know the answer unlike you who knows everything :!:

kevindgas said:
...unlike you who knows everything :!:
He doesn't "know everything", and he doesn't claim to, and he doesn't go marching around spouting rubbish and then having to backpedal when the penny finally drops.

oh so you've crawled out as well my my

i have not back pedalled at all. just don't think his explaination is right time will tell

kevindgas said:
just don't think his explaination is right time will tell
My explanation may well be mistaken. But it is logical deduction that will reveal whether or not that is so. Time alone justs leads us closer to death.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back