Rating an appliance with a A & B button digital display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not had this probelm before, as I usually rate boilers when fitting and serviceing at the meter rather than using my manometer, today I wanted to check a Glowworm ****tflow in a bungalow, so ok got boiler running full with hot tap on bath, display on meter blank, tried pressing buttons, kept having to wait for the reading, tried timeing for 2 mins, then pressing butons to get a second reading, had to wait, by the time it had fannied around the another 10 seconds had passed, so not very accurate, how is it done on these type of meters, am I missing someting obvious :!: it was a Landis /Gyr Libra, I think ?

Ended up using the u gauge.

Sponsored Links
Re: Landis & Gyr Libra 210 ETM gas rate method

This meter does not display a moving index

The display is blank until it is activated by pressing buttons A & B.

Ensure appliance is running at max rate before starting.

Step 1: Press & release button A. This will wake up the display.
(Please wait........) will appear.

In approx 10 secs the amount of remaining credit will appear.
(£7.54 ON)

Step 2: Press and release button A. This will then display amount owed.
(£5.00 owed ON)

At this stage ensure that ON is displayed in the top R/H corner of the dsplay. If OFF is shown the meter is either out of credit or the anti-tamper device has been triggered. No gas will flow under these conditions.

Step 3: Press and release button A. The static index is then displayed.
(Meter index 0000.861 m3)

Step 4: With a stop watch ready, press and release button B. Start stop watch at the same time as pressing button B.
(Please wait.....) appears again.

The current index will appear in approx 10 seconds.
(Meter index 0000.871 m3)

Step 5: After approx 60 seconds the display will go out (hibernate). Do not press buttons A or B. Proceed to step 6.

Step 6: After,

i) Exactly 90 seconds wake up the display by repeating steps 1, 2 & 3.
ii) Exactly 120 seconds since step 4 press and release button B - this will show,

(Please wait...........) in approx 10 seconds.
(Meter index 0000.879 m3) an updated index appears.

Record this as your second index

Simples :confused:[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Whilst I dont usually rate boilers at a meter if I can help it, I often turn off the EC after two minutes so it stops advancing!

The simple ways are often the best!

Traditional boiler, three jets blocked! A BP measurement will not show that up!

Same and a rate at meter WILL show that up!

Three jets not igniting! Neither will show that up! But a thermal survey of the DHW will!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back