Ravenhat Combi LPG Boiler model RSF100ET

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one assist?

We have fitted a new gas valve to our boiler and now the pilot is lit when the water is switched on but the main burner does not fire up? Has anyone got any helpful tips! :confused: :(

Sponsored Links
Boiler is in our French property and a French Service engineer fitted new gas valve as we had no pilot light at all. Our previous posted questions and answers led us to believe that the valve was at fault. :confused:

perhaps it hasn't had the electrical connector replaced properly or the gas valve hasn't been set up correctly after installation, especially as this is a LPG model.

Sponsored Links
Can you please explain a little clearer? The valve is a sealed unit so no set up necessary as far as we know. We have power and all the internal fuses are OK?

Most gas valves on boilers of this age need the setting up to the MI's.

Why did the french engineer not stay and test it to make sure all was well :eek:

Due to the language difficulty and phoning back and forth all the time, we thought we try the forum for as many possible avenues, as we are going out next Friday, so we can try a few different things and have the engineer there with us.

Any posible solutions would be a great help! We can also obtain any parts necessary before we depart.

What did the French engineer have to say about the problem?

You can tell me in French if that helps!

Tony

You can tell me in French if that helps!

vous venez ici et achetez nos maisons pendant vos vacances et puis vous attendez à ce que nous réparent vos appareils. Bien, je prendrai votre argent mais je dois dire que j'ai ****é partout votre carte. Ceci ne veulent aucun résultat de doute dans le clapet à gaz ne travaille pas. ha ha ha - boeuf de rôtis - ha ha ha. Maintenant je dois au loin acheter une corde des oignons et d'un nouveau béret.

The bit between the pilot lighting and the gas valve opening is where the pilot flame is sensed and a current is sent to the gas valve to open it.
Check that the pilot burner is clean and check the injector isnt blocked. Also that the flame sensing/ignition wire and probe are as they should be.

My money goes on the likelihood that when your gas valve went it took out the ignition pcb. Sometimes you can go in there and solder up bits of burnt out track if its the red honeywell type, but to be sure just take one with you. They are not cheap but you pays your money and takes your chance.

Its important as stated that the max and min pressures are set up on the gas valve.

I wonder if the gas valve was ever faulty!

A lot of these second stage failures are attributed to the gas valve rather than to the flame sensing and pcb.

Tony

Thanks to you all for your assistance on this one, greatly appreciated.

We'll take a PCB over with us and liaise with the engineer. Hopefully we should solve it whilst over there for the week?????

Especially appreciate the French lesson!

Again thanks Sue & Dave :D

Just returned from France. Replaced the Gas Valve and now the hot water is working OK, but no heating!!!!!

Have set the timer with great difficulty!!!! Have also checked all continuity and the wires seem fine.

Any idea if it could be the Timer or the PCB? when you press the DHW override switch the pump runs?

The fault finding manual says to change the Timer if this fails then change the PCB.

The french engineer was as much use as a chocolate fire guard, shrugged his shoulders told us to buy a French boiler and walked away?

We have noticed that the PCB Timer and the Honeywell Ignition Board have all been upgraded! Is this just a ploy to get money into the Ravenheat pockets?

ny help would be greatly appreciated. Dave & Sue :rolleyes:

maybe a dumb question but are you sure the boiler that was produced for the english market is suitable for use in france? if somebody here called me out to work on a boiler that was not approved for use in the uk, i would do an about turn the very moment i could not find the gcn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back