Ravenheat 820 Combi Hot water cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Ravenheat 820 Combi boiler. For the last few days, the hot water has been cutting out. The boiler fires up and then after a short time it cuts off and fails to heat the water. Sometimes it will re-fire itself other times I have to turn off the water and turn it back on again.

The central heating seems to be fine and doesn't seen to cut out. I need to fully test this though.

Funny thing is that this morning I had a shower and it cut out once and was then fine for ten minutes.

Does anyone have any ideas about whats happening. I'm not a pro but if its a simple enough job then I'll try and do it myself.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The boiler should turn on for DHW with 2.5 litres per minute. If it needs much more than that then the diverter valve is failing.

If it always turns on reliably then there may be a problem with temperature control aspects or pump operation on DHW.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back