Ravenheat 84et (G/C No: 47 581 28A)

Hp1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Called to a Ravenheat which was having DHW problems. Checked the diverter valve and microswitch both ok (the microswitch is being made when water is drawn -tested with meter at pcb end).

When DHW drawn: diverter valve microswitch makes, pump runs, fan runs, ignition takes place and boiler fires. After about a minute boiler shuts down. Tested CH and boiler ran as it should (i.e APS, Flame failure, O/H stat etc are not playing up).

When checking the manual for the boiler. The manual shows a different control PCB than the one in the boiler (Manual PCB is 0012cir05010/0, boiler PCB is 0012cir05010/1) thus wire colours and connectors are also different.

Also noticed when the boiler goes through the ignition sequence there is a spark at point FS3 near the mains terminal connector block. I have tested the NTC thermistors and the values cold are about 12Kohms. The Low pressure switch is also made.

The boiler has now completely stopped working (even in CH mode). I have checked the mains -OK, checked the switch - voltage after switch as expected. Checked the internal fuse - Ok voltage after fuse as would expect. no voltage at pump. Linked out the timer contact - still no joy.

The manual says if no 230V at pump check main sw (OK), Check timer (OK) then replace control PCB. I am quite sure the PCB has now completely given up the ghost but would appreciate any help from anyone who may have experienced a similar situation. I will ring up Ravenheat on monday.

Is there another manual for this boiler. The boiler I am repairing does not have a separate ignition PCB.

Thanks for any help

Harry (CORGI registered)

Sponsored Links
Sorry, can't help.
Have a couple of copies of MI for this one but they say the same as yours. The silly password for downloading fron Ravenheat's site has changed so that option isn't open either. "Identiffier" also shows the /0 board, though a couple of parts sites do list the /1 one.

Thanks Chris,

I was hoping to get some sort of answer from yourself or Tony G. I do believe it is the main PCB as all the ancillary components seem to be functioning correctly.

I think the original RSF 84et boilers only had one PCB whereas the newer 84et have Two pcb's (control and Ignition).

G/C number on the boiler is exactly as shown on the Installation/Service manual that I have. However as well as having different PCB's the colours of the conductors are also different.

As far as the newer model is concerned if there is a mains supply and the main switch is OK, the only other component that needs to be made is the low pressure switch and then there should be voltage to the pump. Am I missing something?

Do any Ravenheat engineers visit this site?

Thank you for your input

Harry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back