Ravenheat Boiler On Off problem ?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a Ravenheat boiler for 3 years - The main control board was replaced 18 months ago however I have a new problem. The boiler fires ok , pressure is fine , but the boiler drops out after 2 secs , then fires and is ok for 10 secs and so on. After a couple of hours you finally get some heat through the radiators. Before I make a call is there some part that can be replaced or is evrything on main control board. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Could be aps ropping out, could be muck in the fan venturi, could be electrical, hard to tell if not in front of it.

Try removing conmubustion chamber cover temporarily and see if it fires up correctly. This would point to fan area etc. If this works DO NOT be tempted to run like this :eek:

gas4you said:
Try removing conmubustion chamber cover temporarily and see if it fires up correctly. This would point to fan area etc. If this works DO NOT be tempted to run like this :eek:

I would not be telling anyone to open the combustion chamber unless I was convinced he was competent!

Tony

Sponsored Links
It can be a hell of a job getting the cover back on if its an LS80 / 100. If they 'whistle' you know for sure its not on right.
The 'coffin' cased ones are virtually idiot proof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back