Ravenheat LS problems

C

chrishesketh

Hi

I had a ravenheat littlestar fitted 18months ago to replace an aging wouster heatslave. Worked fine up to yesturday, when it refuses to keep going. All power is there, and pressure gauge at 1.3Bar. When I switch on CH, pump starts, then I can hear the boiler lighting, and gas igniting, but 30 or so secs later it cuts out. It then cycles back up again and does the same thing. Same with the HW, but after 2 or 3 cycles of cutting out, refuses to fire up again. Checked anti flame valves etc etc, and the reset switch does nothing. Timer works fine. Can anyone hazard a guess just so I know if I am going to get ripped off, for a hugh bill. I would have though 18months was a bit short for things to go wrong!!. Even though its out of its 12 months, would ravenheat pay up, if it was an expensive part??

Cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
Without doing some tests on your boiler I cannot guess what has gone wrong.

Anything can have happened but I am not expecting anything to have failed but more inclined to think that there might be a flue installation fault as that is more common with a boiler of that age.

I think that you may have to call a competent CORGI registered person out. Really the installer should come under his installation guaranty but many are not very good at fault finding. It may be better to get the Ravenheat approved local service engineer.

Tony Glazier

Hi

Sorry to be thick, but are you thinking the flue may be blocked?? This did happen after the recent thunderstroms in the north of england

Cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
Can confirm that flue/assembly is critical, and boiler top end badly designed and made out of floppy metal so its easy to have things slightly out of place, which could give your problem.
Vertical flues putting any weight on the boiler can be trouble.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back