ravenheat csi 85 intermittent problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a csi 85 which has an intermittent fault. When it goes through its sequence of firing up after the initial spark sometimes the burner will ignite then shut down immeadiately, then other times it wont even light the pilot light electronically.

It just tries to spark then shuts down, then it will try again and after 10-20 seconds of trying to spark it shuts down again. I have changed the electrode and lead but it hasn't made any difference. The spark lead going to the condensing trap looks ok but the problem with that is you can get access to the condensing trap because of its location. Could it be that the ignition board is faulty on the gas valve, any help with this kind of problem on this model of boiler would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is this your own boiler ??

the problem u will encounter on this general forum is that advice on repairing boilers that involves tinkering with gas related parts is not something that is encouraged , for obvious reasons .

I am a gas safe registered engineer so I do know the regulations. I dont normally work on Ravenheat boilers so I just needed a few pointers as to what could be causing the problem. Any help or advice on this type of problem with this particular model would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
try registering with the combustion chamber, you'll get gas related advice there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back