Ravenheat csi 85aaa mk3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ravenheat boiler works ok on the HW Ch started the stop start scenario, something I'm sure is purpose built into Ravenheat boilers!
Turning on the hot water for 10min cured the problem for a few weeks and it progressivly got worse. Now turning on the HW does not correct the firing up and stopping every 15sec or so. It still seems enough to heat the radiators over this cold spell! Any ideas guys. Could it be the fan modulation pcb.

Sponsored Links
Does it still work OK if you turn the hot water flow rate down to the minimum which will activate the boiler?

Hi Tony as active as ever! In answer to your question, I'm not sure, if I remember it worked only if the hot water was on almost full flow!

Thanks Gordon

I have never encountered a fan pcb problem myself. I have often asked if anyone would post me an old one so that I could see what it was that failed.

I think that it causes the boiler to fail when it reduces power. That would occur mostly on CH when the rads are up to temp.

Sorry I cannot be too sure but I depend on some assistance from others with faulty parts to enable me to make a proper assessment and that has not been forthcoming yet.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony
If you haven't encountered the pcb being the probem in your years of experience, it makes this an unlikely cause. My gas man plumber that I use in my company is young and inexperienced. He was ready to change the gas valve! I asked him to contact Ravenheat technical and they came up with this solution. I'm going to order the part anyway and let you know the outcome! I would be happy to send you the failed board if you want it. You can contact me directly on my business email. [email protected]

Thanks Gordon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back