Ravenheat CSI System: orange light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have read much about Ravenheat boiler failures & am seeking clarification please.

On our boiler, the light comes on randomly - it may take all day with the CH on (and having heated two periods of HW) or it may come on 1st thing.

Turning the power off makes it OK for: a) hours, b) a short while or c) no time at all & it comes on again almost immediately.

I think, but I am not certain that the "chick" noise it makes when it goes off normally (room stat) is different from the noise it makes when it trips off.

I have replaced the thermistors but this doesn't seem to help. I have read that thermistors can be duff out of the packet - what reading should I get on my meter if I remove a thermistor, or if still installed in the boiler?

According to the manual, the orange light indicates "flame failure of main burner". What makes the flame fail? Presumably some signal, or lack of from a faulty component?

Is there any Engineer in the Hailsham area to whom I could entrust this work? I have read loads about Engineers replacing part after part to solve a problem rather than diagnosing the fault. As the breadwinner is being made redundant in March, we need to be careful with spending.

Please, no Ravenheat's are c**p - buy a better one. I now know this & our house is on the market - and replacing the boiler at this stage is not a realistic option.
Cheers
Jonathan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back