Ravenheat csi85T - CH comes on when set to HW only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My CH is coming on even though the boiler is set to HW only.

It seems to come on randomly throughout the day and night. The fact that it comes on in the middle of the night makes me think it is not linked to HW i.e it doesn't come on when HW is running. So maybe 3 way valve is ok.

My thoughts are it is maybe the timer.

Does anyone have any thoughts, before I order any parts.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
3 way valve faulty and boiler firing up for DHW pre-heat at what appears to be random times.

Just one more question. If the heat is coming on during DHW preheat, would it not also come on when HW is running? that isn't happening.

Sponsored Links
I had this same problem turned out that the divertor leaked slighty from the pin and shorted the micro switch out causing the boiler to fire up, as the divertor was in ch mode it heated the rads. There is no pre heat on the hw on this boiler so I would check the micro switch first.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I think I'll just order the microswitch for now, as they are pretty cheap. Hopefully that will do the trick and i won't need to order the more expensive parts.
i'll let you know how I get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back