Ravenheat csi85t combi boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like my boiler is not the only one with a fault. everything working in hot water mode but when the central heating is on it is firing up for 5 seconds then stops for 5 second and continues doing the same thing all the time eventually warming the radiators up, hot water no problem. If this is a common fault then shouldn't Ravenheat be doing something about it !!!! Any help appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
first port of call on a ravenheat is to check/replace the temperature thermistors

If theres 3 lights on the front its most likely to be the CH thermistor but if theres only 2 it could be the fan mod board

I thought there was another common cause of this associated with the fan which needs a gas engineer to correct?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I thought there was another common cause of this associated with the fan which needs a gas engineer to correct?

Tony
Flue too long,
Fan on its way,
gas valve dropping out

+ on early models
problem with a wire that goes to the condensate trap
ignition box

Theres plenty to choose from I was just picking the most common.

As Tony implies a good gas engineer is what you need to fix it

thanks for the answers and there are only two lights on this model but warning lights don't light up one just stays green which is suppose to mean everything ok. thanks again

just in case anybody is slightly interested it was the fan control board ( £80 ) + fitting and it's now perfect.

Thanks everybody !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back