Ravenheat CTI85 pressure loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm having some issues with pressure loss on my boiler. A few back the pressure dropped from 1.5bar to 0 overnight, while I was having a look for leaks I notices the isolation valve on the flow just before entering the boiler was leaking. I repaired this and thought I had solved the problem but the same think kept happening.

Now when I pressure it up to 1.5bar, overnight it drops to zero. The boiler is still working perfectly but I can't keep re pressuring it as this can't be good for the boiler.

I've read the PRV might be faulty? I used it to empty the boiler while making those repairs, it was on a spring and seemed to do its job. The flue is directly about this outside and I have seen the odd wet patch under this but can't tell its its from the overflow or dripping from flue, it's also rained for about 100 days solid. I read about a test to shut off the boiler and the flow and return and leave overnight which I have just done.

I've also read about the pressure vessel not being the right pressure.

I noticed tonight that the elec fitting on the boiler seen in the picture attached has a drip on it but it's not actually drip drip dripping, just a drip and stays there. The wet stain under has been there for a while. Would this small drip cause the pressure to drop overnight to zero? It's a small house with 6rads, I know where the pipework runs are and no obvious sign of a leak.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 157
Sponsored Links
The leak shown is on the Thermister whitch is on the cold main side , so this is not the reason for the pressure drop . IT SOUNDS LIKE THE EXPANSHION VESSEL NEEDS AIR

The leak shown is on the Thermister whitch is on the cold main side , so this is not the reason for the pressure drop . IT SOUNDS LIKE THE EXPANSHION VESSEL NEEDS AIR
Thanks for your reply. I guess I would still need to replace that thermister. I checked the vessel last night and although it's hard to get at I took off the cap and there was air coming out, thankfully no water. I need a bike pump with a gauge but do I have to do this when the boiler is empty? Zero pressure?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back