ravenheat diverter

Ive noticed that Ravenheat genuine parts seem quite expensive, but the boiler (CSI 85) was quite cheap (£500). The diverter valve is over £100 full price.

I must say I wasnt expecting any problems within 5 years.

Could it be that their boilers are designed to breakdown so that they sell more parts?

Sponsored Links
Apart from the diaphragm failing after about five years, any problem with the manifold section will be as a result of dirt in the water system.

Unfortunately people always fit cheap boilers cheaply meaning they dont take any trouble fitting them and particularly cleaning the water in the system.

Its an ongoing situation. The cheap boiler is fitted because the previous one failed from dirty water but the new one goes in cheaply with the same dirty system and fails early.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Just got one off ebay which is described as a new genuine Ravenheat part for £40 inc pp. Ill see how genuine it is when it arrives. The seller did quote the exact Ravenheat part number.

Reading the above posts re clean system water, my system should have been flushed when the boiler was fitted !

I was wondering if its worth fitting a Fernox Boiler Buddy or a Magnaclean device ? Would this help prevent future diverter problems ? Obviously the system will get a good flush as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back