Ravenheat LS80, broken

Sponsored Links
Well fitting a boiler with Warmfront weren't a good start,

And as for solicitors and other professionals not stealing from you? I suggest you were just not paying attention.

Yes you might have had some muppets round, but none of them were the professionals who post here for free.

£84 a visit ? I can justify that easily. I don't know how hard a call is going to be before I get there.

Neither does my mobile phone company, local petrol station, insurance company, ISP, IT acquisition budget, tools maintenance budget, training budget, personal insurance company, pension company, public liability (including professional indemnity cover) company, Accountant, my secretary (or her little boy), the company that provides gas and electricity to my office, the garage that maintains my vans, the company that insures them, the government to whom I pay VAT, corporation tax, NI, CIS deductions and my underlings who all need tools, lunch, a shoulder to cry on.

Sorry is this list a little long? Well it was just the first ones that popped to my head.... I can go through my current months accounts folder and drum up a few more costs that have no bearing on any specific site visit if you like...

Oh, just remembered another - Gas Safe register. That has a nice little earner right there, and I have no choice but to pay them if I want to work with gas.

Well that is how I justify £84 an hour. How much of that £84 do I see? Not as much as your b1tching implies I can assure you.

I wonder if Joe will have the cahoonas to post a little comment on the above? I doubt it would make much sense even if he did.

So what did he steal ??
His multimeter

How do you know ? did he say so ? at a guess I reckon it was a dish cloth , or a dustbin bag :)
There was a clue in this bit:
Are there honest CH repairers out there? One engineer spent all day working, couldn't fix, and left without charging, the other engineer, took all day, replaced a part, but still didn't fix, but stole my multimeter. another engineer replaced a fuse rated at 300ma, with a fuse rated at 4A.....
;) :LOL: :LOL:

first time poster on here has joe 90 got an axe to grind and how do you make your money joe be interested to hear from some of your customers .
as for you mick there are lots of reputable engineers out there who do no fix no charge also if you had to pay what we have to in accessments
gas safe fees public liability insurance flue gas analysers and a van load of other expensive kit maybe you can appreciate why we cant work for £7 an hour by the way if your in the trade plumbing i mean do you work for £7 i bet you dont and niether does that tool joe 90
well only just realised ravenheap well serves you right should have paid for decent quality boiler and joe 90 you sound a little bitter did you fail your acs

Afaik he is a successful property developer :) may also deal in scrap metal ? calalytic convertors , copper ect ;) could also have buissness interests in Albania ??

Sponsored Links
Well fitting a boiler with Warmfront weren't a good start,

And as for solicitors and other professionals not stealing from you? I suggest you were just not paying attention.

Yes you might have had some muppets round, but none of them were the professionals who post here for free.

£84 a visit ? I can justify that easily. I don't know how hard a call is going to be before I get there.

Neither does my mobile phone company, local petrol station, insurance company, ISP, IT acquisition budget, tools maintenance budget, training budget, personal insurance company, pension company, public liability (including professional indemnity cover) company, Accountant, my secretary (or her little boy), the company that provides gas and electricity to my office, the garage that maintains my vans, the company that insures them, the government to whom I pay VAT, corporation tax, NI, CIS deductions and my underlings who all need tools, lunch, a shoulder to cry on.

Sorry is this list a little long? Well it was just the first ones that popped to my head.... I can go through my current months accounts folder and drum up a few more costs that have no bearing on any specific site visit if you like...

Oh, just remembered another - Gas Safe register. That has a nice little earner right there, and I have no choice but to pay them if I want to work with gas.

Well that is how I justify £84 an hour. How much of that £84 do I see? Not as much as your b1tching implies I can assure you.

I wonder if Joe will have the cahoonas to post a little comment on the above? I doubt it would make much sense even if he did.

Everyone in the world has those charges, that is not justification, that is just greed. So therefore, you unable to state why you charge excessive charges? Above and beyond, the charges that EVERYONE pays, in their daily life? I accept you pay for knowledge over parts, and you just debunked that?

So you reckon my father in law who lives on the other other side of the world pays Gas Safe an annual registration fee.

Do you reckon Mr Chan in Beijing pays the UK government some corporation tax for his operations there?

You think you pay professional indemnity insurance?

You think that someone paid £7 an hour has £10K a month of non-income based outgoings?

You think that a site engineer is paid the £84 his company charges?

You think the site engineer spends every hour of his working day in a property charging that per hour? No travelling? No traffic jams? No time spent waiting in merchants? No time doing paperwork?

If you think that everybody working, in the world, does that, then you really are dumber than I gave your grasp of English credit for.

I am sincerely hoping BTW that English is your second language!?

So you reckon my father in law who lives on the other other side of the world pays Gas Safe an annual registration fee.

Do you reckon Mr Chan in Beijing pays the UK government some corporation tax for his operations there?

You think you pay professional indemnity insurance?

You think that someone paid £7 an hour has £10K a month of non-income based outgoings?

You think that a site engineer is paid the £84 his company charges?

You think the site engineer spends every hour of his working day in a property charging that per hour? No travelling? No traffic jams? No time spent waiting in merchants? No time doing paperwork?

If you think that everybody working, in the world, does that, then you really are dumber than I gave your grasp of English credit for.

I am sincerely hoping BTW that English is your second language!?

That is probably the kind of typical response from a UK engineer from the UK?

Can you explain to me why the people within your organisation, are unable to repair simple faults? And make new faults by your incompetence? Or is this a fallacy to generate more income for your trade?

If you earn £300 per 3 hour visit, then you are certainly onto an earner, even when you break parts, and leave equipment in a dangerous state of repair. Why would you do that? And then try to justify yourself? As you clearly have, otherwise you would not defend it?

Certainly no helping you mickmoody , you are either argumentative or plain stoooopid , the latter springs to mind.

Certainly no helping you mickmoody , you are either argumentative or plain stoooopid , the latter springs to mind.

Well, your comment certainly seems to sum up the gas industry. Treat your customers as stooooopid, as you put it, and not listen to their concerns, which sums up your attitude. That you are an idiot, that doesn't care, and shows how the industry in it's true light.

Defend what? I think you should go to bed and come back tomorrow with some more coherent thoughts.

You have no idea who is in my organization, how many there are nor their ability to repair (or not) not a problem.

Accusing me of incompetence is also a rather silly thing to do seeing as I have never worked for you.

My trade is not a collective. Nay fallacy I create will only benefit me... I think your use of a thesaurus needs a little more honing.

As for your last paragraph... words do fail me (which is not bad going considering my degree level education) I am defending nothing,. Merely demonstrating that hourly charges bear no resemblance to actual earnings.

And if you are dumb enough to employ someone that steals from you without reporting it to their employer or the police, then I suggest that you are a complete and utter... (and I shall change to pictures here to make it easier for your limited powers of comprehension)...
knob.gif
whatever3.gif

I wonder which communist state you came from that means you assume that all RGI's work for the same organisation?

Must be another alias for Albanian Joe?

Next time the boiler goes tits up bring it round to me & i will diagnose for £20 , can't say fairer than that. :p

You respond to my last post, rather aggresively, and don't have any response regarding the issue of the excessive charges? Which I did address? So thus proves that some people in this industry, do have a lack of regard to their customers?

Thus proves a point, thanks for the thanks.

I have listed some basic costs of a legitimate business. You have not outlined anything that proves £84 per hour for a legitimate business being excessive.

How much do you think a fully qualified engineer with the appropriate level of insurance, overheads, profit margin and materials markup should be charging per hour?

Tell you what... why don't you just give me a percentage... go on, pluck it out of thin air... a simple percentage figure of profit on an hourly labour only call out to a gas boiler break down.

Ignore the fact that you have had idiots turning up. You HAVE to stop tarring every engineer with the same brush. It is a little too left wing even for 3am on a Sunday morning.

Sticking "Thus proves a point" at the bottom of yet another incoherent rambling means nothing my friend. I am off to bed now... Give yourself a few hours to read things through, and perhaps Google how to run a small business. Then, perhaps, you won't be relying on Warmfront to install Ravenheats subsidised by my tax payments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back