Ravenheat rsf 82et water hot, then cold - shiver!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mixer tap with shower attachment on my bath. The pressure is good enough while showering from the RSF 82ET which is located in the kitchen downstairs but as you are showering the water runs at different temp's, from scalding to freezing. Not nice. Is there anything I can do or shall I live with this or just bath?

I am new to this site but I have been reading topics that include 'Ravenheat', I see the pro's say the product is S*** !

Sponsored Links
If the bath divertor had a built in thermostat, then the temperature control would probably be acceptable. These devices do exist, but you haven't said whether or not you have one.

If not, then a run-of-the-mill bath mixer/divertor is not an acceptable way of producing the right water temperature from a combi boiler, because the boiler doesn't control it's output temperature accurately enough. So, as more cold water flows through the boiler to the bath/shower hot side, less will flow to the bath/shower cold side, hence there is a large hysteresis on the little temperature control that exists.

Does this make sense?

Hi, thank you very much for the reply - That makes perfect sense. At least I can tell my wife (who continues to nag about it) that there is nothing I can do about the problem.

I suppose the only thing I could do to make sure I had a good shower would be to purchase I shower that takes main water in and heats it?

Would I need a plumber/electrician to run power upstairs from fuse box or could I come off a plug in hallway?

Have you any idea how much this will all cost me? I have a baby on the way and finances are Low?

jazza703086 said:
Hi, thank you very much for the reply - That makes perfect sense. At least I can tell my wife (who continues to nag about it) that there is nothing I can do about the problem.
;)

jazza703086 said:
I suppose the only thing I could do to make sure I had a good shower would be to purchase I shower that takes main water in and heats it?
Not the only thing, but usually the cheapest and quickest compromise. This might give you a better shower, but far from the best.

jazza703086 said:
Would I need a plumber/electrician to run power upstairs from fuse box
ELECTRICIAN!

jazza703086 said:
...or could I come off a plug in hallway?
NO!! Absolutely not!

jazza703086 said:
Have you any idea how much this will all cost me? I have a baby on the way and finances are Low?
Ball park: shower unit - £50 to £100; electrician's labour - 2 hours, BUT this assumes that the supporting electrics are up to scratch - you might find that you need more electrical work to enable such a shower.

Search the forum for questions on types of shower (amd come back here if you can't find them).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back