Raw Edge Splashback With Mini Herringbone Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys/gals,

Im thinking about having a raw edge tiled splashback over my bathroom vanity unit. I am having wall hung taps and spout so thinking tiling behind will be best for ease of wiping down.

I have some excess mini marble herringbone (zig zag) tiles that could be used here, however i would prefer the more eye catching raw top edge look to keep it modern. (see attached pic for inspiration) Im just wondering how to finish the top edge as the tiles are on mesh and need to make a seal between back/top edge of tile and wall. will grout be suitable? or a thin line of silicone more so? ill obviously need to snip away as much of the mesh as poss on the top line so not visible from above. Worried it might look messy if not done correctly

Advice welcomed, and has anyone actually seen this effect up close? nice or naff?

Attachments

• Screenshot (132).png
    Screenshot (132).png
    445.7 KB · Views: 162
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back