Rayburn 480K cooker blast tubes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced the flame tube on my Rayburn 480k last November. It has nearly burnt out again! Also if the oven is set at number 3 or 4 it continues to heat up to Roast! I guess there is a problem. Any ideas anyone please?

Also when the heating/hot water is on there is a whistling noise coming from somewhere. I have removed the complete boiler unit and cannot see where any air is getting in. The flame tube for the heating is perfectly fine! :confused:

Sponsored Links
The cookerside burner has its own thermostat which is directly connected to its own control box on the burner....it could be faulty?
I think the cooker burner is overfiring, maybe due to excess air. It will have its own flue gas analysis port though - I think its an allen screw on the large casting below the cooker lids?
AGBO have a good stock of parts for these.
John :)

Thanks for your advice. I replaced the stat on the cooker side last year. maybe it's gone again! I am about to order another new blast tube for the cooker side, I alsoi think the gaskets are missing on both burners so will try those too.

Good luck with it mate, and air leaks around the burner won't help :D
AND I HOPE THIS BLIDDY SNOW DOESN'T COME YOUR WAY - 14" IN HEXHAM, DAMMIT :p
John :)

Sponsored Links
Have the combustion box liners distorted? Is the oven protection plate split? Either can cause flame impingement which will burn out the blast tube. Which Rayburn is it? Are the burners nu-way or Ecoflam? Some Rayburns require nozzles which reduce after-spray. Cooker blast tubes often only last a couple of years, but if they are lasting less, then there may be other problems as above.

Hi both
Just got round to checking the forum - been busy shovelling snow and struggling to get to work across the Pennines!! And, trying to keep calm with domestic fuel company delivery delays! :mad:

Anyway, thanks again for info (John and oilhead). We inherited the Aga and it hadn't been cared for. The burners are nu-way. A total overhaul is required I think...may have to wait til after Christmas now.
Cheers David :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back