Rayburn C/H problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi looking for some advice re the heating system in our new house.
We have a Rayburn Heatranger 460 which is suppposed to be operated from a Danfoss remote room timer and thermostat
Problems are as follows
1 If I set the room thermostat to say 20 celcius the Rayburn fires up but the temperature is controlled on the Rayburn and not the room thermstat

2 The pump has a mind of its own sometimes it switches off sometimes it just keeps running

3 The rayburn and an immersion heater heat the hot water but I get hot water for about half a bath then it goes cold

I live on Islay so getting this fixed is proving difficult so any help would be great
When we moved into the house the system worked fine then for some reason the above problems started about 2 months after moving in

Sponsored Links
I live on Islay so getting this fixed is proving difficult so any help would be great

I am not so sure whats wrong and it might be more than one problem.

However why are the locals unable to help? Archie MacNeill and Andrew Bauld or even that fellow at Islay Heating?

Of course with 8 whisky distilleries on the island you could almost keep yourself warm with a few wee drams.

Tony

Aye I tried Andrew but like most of the plumbers he is swamped with work.
Whiskey is working fine for me the wife and kids however thats a different story

Sponsored Links
Hi looking for some advice re the heating system in our new house.
We have a Rayburn Heatranger 460 which is suppposed to be operated from a Danfoss remote room timer and thermostat
Problems are as follows
1 If I set the room thermostat to say 20 celcius the Rayburn fires up but the temperature is controlled on the Rayburn and not the room thermstat
If the rayburn gets up to temperature, then it will go off, but the pump will carry on and the Rayburn will fire up again when IT gets cooler

2 The pump has a mind of its own sometimes it switches off sometimes it just keeps running
There is a pump overun thermostat which will dissipate heat when the appliance is switched off until it cools sufficiently to stop the latent heat switching the limit stat

3 The rayburn and an immersion heater heat the hot water but I get hot water for about half a bath then it goes cold
How old is your cylinder? If it is scaled up, then this is exactly what will happen.

When we moved into the house the system worked fine then for some reason the above problems started about 2 months after moving in
Nothing happened, it just took two months for you to realise things were'nt as they should be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back