Rayburn 380G (Gas) Pump running continuously - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice please? I have just moved in to a house and have a Rayburn 380G (Gas) and the Pump is running continuously whether the hot water & central heating are on or not. the only way to stop it is by switching off the whole system electrics...not useful as then no Rayburn!! or hot water or central heating. Is this normal?? how can I rectify?

Sponsored Links
Is the Rayburn also firing up occasionally? Most likely a sticking motorised valve

Thanks for your response - yes Rayburn keeps firing up lots. I noticed on another thread that someone suggested that the external heat source(ie rayburn) thermostat should be higher than the Megaflo one or pump runs continuously...is that the case too?

The programmer is the master, so if that's off the pump and burner should go off regardless of what the other controls are doing. I still say it's a faulty motorised valve

Sponsored Links
that's what I presumed too - hence the confusion! will get a man to check...electrics/plumbing not my strong point!! thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back