Raychem TC thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new property (2006) has underfloor heating controlled by a Raychem TC timer thermostat. I have downloaded the user instructions, but to program it in the user mode (U1) is somewhat unclear as it says 'Select the desired time with the +/- buttons'. But it doesn't say the 'On' time or the 'Off' time and consequently I can' fathom out how to program the thing! Any one out there can help? :cry:

Sponsored Links
From page 12 shows how to set it, they dont seem to show on/off, but i would have thought there would be a symbol of some kind, usually the first setting will be "ON" then set temp, remember to press OK after each input, then set"OFF" time then temp.

A bit of trial and error if it does not work first time.

Hi Swampy. Many thanks for that, I suspect you may be onto something as there is a YouTube demo of a similar unit, but there is no sound and the bloke does the setting really quickly, although it would seem that what you say is correct. It's my daughter's flat so not there at the moment.but will give another go in a couple of week's time. If no joy (or indeed if joy) I will pester you again now that I know you know something!

cooden :LOL:

I thought that I had got it right with this Raychem TC thermostat but it still is not working -I think it is OK - it's me! What I need is a 'You tube' type video of someone programming the darn thing in the User Programming mode. Can anyone out there help? :confused:

bill

Sponsored Links
I haven't looked at the manuals but is it not one of the 'step' type programmer/thermostats where you just choose what temp at what time rather than specific on/off times ?

Thanks for the replies, but the pdf is of the wrong model ( see pic above). I believe that I have the correct user manual download, but to my eyes it is not clear. It appears that the heating is on all the time but at a lower level and then the user can pick periods when the temp needs to be higher. There is a You Tube demo of a similar unit, but no commentary and too fast to get a good idea of what he is doing. I need to talk to someone who is familiar with this model. :cry:

As I said above then, just choose what temp at what time. If you don't want it on then set it very low.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back