RCBO: CU or in-line?

If the MIs say that, it's surely just a statement of what the current regs require, not anything to do with the requirements of their product, isn't it?

Kind Regards, John
Yes, by the correct ones, but other manufacturer's state the shower must be protected by an RCD not mentioning the circuit.

Sponsored Links
I was not joking by the way

An RCBO will fit straight into the Memera 2000 and be the best and simplest solution.

And I have a good stock that needs to go....

Sponsored Links
Just to be clear: I'm not fitting an electric shower. I have hot and cold feeds to the bathroom and a very efficient new combi boiler so an electric shower was not required.

I'm not against the idea of having the CU renewed. I would like the house to conform to modern specifications as much as possible. However, I will definitely need to update the electrics in other rooms in due course (mostly nothing more than adding a few sockets and moving lights around) so it would seem sensible to have the whole lot done together rather than get an electrician in three or four times.

Alan

And I have a good stock that needs to go....

Yes, I did see your original post on this, but I had rather hastily already bought an RCBO in readiness to install it in the bathroom before I thought of asking about it here. I'm glad I did ask because this has been an interesting discussion which has given me a lot of food for thought. Generally speaking I do understand electrics but they've moved on just a little bit since I last did any serious DIY about 30 years ago!

Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back