RCBO/MCB swops & certification

I have a copy of that great book but I do think some of their recommendations assume a lack of “electrical common sense”.
That'll be because it's written for NICEIC members.?

I'm not supposed to find that funny let alone in some cases agree ;)

Where do you record the measurement, and in the case of an RCBO the operating time?
The sample of an NIC MWC in my post above may not be that clear but there are boxes

Sponsored Links
The sample of an NIC MWC in my post above may not be that clear but there are boxes
So it does, so I guess users of that form can be let off.....

Here's a clearer version for everyone, BTW:

mewred1buf2.jpg

That'll be because it's written for NICEIC members.?

Members - the only members are those on the National Inspection Board. Contractors are not members they do not have any 'rights' only obligations. No1 being pay their fees :D.

BTW, given the sample copy of the MWC above it would appear that they still haven't improved their security - despite being told was useless - I once sent them one of their sample certificates with all watermarks removed and the boxes filled in by Bodgeit & Scarper Limited :D.

BAS wrote

Not even the part where it says that an MWC would not be appropriate, and therefore by implication all that's left is an EIC?

The notes to MEIWC on p336 BS7671:2008 only comments that MEIWC not used for replacement of distribution boards or similar items. I presume you take a swop of an MCB for an RCBO to be a "similar item".

How do you know that a 32A Type B device was appropriate in the first place?

Never said it was a Type B - although it was - Upstairs ring - 2.5 T&E c 10 years old - minimal loads judging by use of rooms upstairs - couple of clock radios, table lamps, one electric iron, one PC all from a well installed MK CU - Zs tested and well within limits.

Where do you record the results of your testing to confirm it is?

In my notebook along with all relevant dimensions, descriptions, prices, & test results for each job. Method used by me successfully in cases in Magistrates & Crown Courts over many years.

Where do you record the results of your RCD testing?

In my notebook and on my MEIWC forms - own design - complies with Appendix 6 - scheme assessor happy with them.

I'll check with my assessor what his views are when doing a straight swop 32A MCB for 32A RCBO and let you all know. Thanks for your comments all.

Sponsored Links
One of many previous incarnations required such attendances - thankfully always for the prosecution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back