RCD consumer unit for landlords

jtc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to get a landlord safety certificate does the consumer unit have to be a modern one containing RCDs. My current one looks about 15 yrs old and has MCBs. I have an RCD socket for garden/outdoor appliances but think that maybe all the circuits need protection otherwise it will fail ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks holmshaw yes I am getting the test carried out but have been going through the house looking for possible faults beforehand. I read that as part of the test your RCD protection is checked and then realised my CU doesnt have them. If there is no requirement to upgrade I should be ok then.

Sponsored Links
If there is no requirement to upgrade I should be ok then.
You will be okay, it will just be noted down on the report that it does not comply( a deviation ) to current requirements.
If you are letting the property any faults picked up on the system should be sorted out.
But deviations from BS7671:2008 need not be altered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back