RCD keeps tripping

It is probably the demand from the cylinder stat.
It's quite normal to find g/y and blue wires used as lives. Should at least have a sleeve on to denote that it's live.
Just trace the flex and check what it's connected to.

Sponsored Links
It is probably the demand from the cylinder stat.
It's quite normal to find g/y and blue wires used as lives. Should at least have a sleeve on to denote that it's live.
Just trace the flex and check what it's connected to.

Cheers for the reply. You are spot on sir the G/Y wire connected to the brown wire terminal 8 goes to a terminal underneath the temp gauge fixed to the side of the mega flow tank. The GY has a red (live ) sleeve on one end but not on the end in terminal 8. I was beginning to doubt myself with how I had reconnected the wiring after removing the MV but I took a picture (the one I have shown on this thread) and wrote down the 6 coloured wires and which terminal they went so it would have been very unlikely I put them back incorrectly. That is self satisfying that I haven't cocked anything up, but unfortunately no closer to fixing the fault.

Try removing the brown m/v wire from T2 in JB. then operate stat and see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Try removing the brown m/v wire from T2 in JB. then operate stat and see what happens.

Terry,
Removed the brown wire from T2 and the result= no tripping of the main power RCD, so that sounds encouraging, can you please advise cheers Ian.
As you were probably aware this brown wire is part of the loom connecting the other M/V (CH) I guess so I am assuming this points towards a fault with the Myson M/V

I have discovered I have a Myson 2 Port power extra MPE222 head for a 22mm valve/pipe, fitted to 28mm valve/ pipe. There is a MPE228 available obviously for the 28mm pipe. The 28mm version is a 5 wire head (has a white wire in addition) whereas the 22mm has 4 wires (no white) I have the reverse situation with the other Holywell power head for the HW where I have the 6 wire version instead of the 5 wire. The white wire on the hollywell is isolated ie not connected so superfluous to my system.
As there was already a MPE222 22mm already fitted I assume it would be ok to do a straight swop with just the head, if I change the head and valve I will need the MPE 228 28MM which has the additional wire (white), I have probably already answered my own question just confirmation please that I can also isolate the white wire as it is an 'extra wire' to the existing set up.
Cheers in advance

Last edited:
Terry,
Removed the brown wire from T2 and the result= no tripping of the main power RCD, so that sounds encouraging, can you please advise cheers Ian.
As you were probably aware this brown wire is part of the loom connecting the other M/V (CH) I guess so I am assuming this points towards a fault with the Myson M/V

So I replaced the Myson actuator today, had my fingers crossed turned the room stat call for heat and the bloody main RCD which cuts all the power tripped again, the exact same happens if I remove the brown wire from the actuator terminal 2, this stops the RCD from tripping (see pictures of wiring earlier post) , still cant get hold of a repair engineer for 3 weeks, don't really want to get BG involved with expensive monthly contracts any help would be great. Cheers

Are you sure that the M/V blue wire is in Neutral and not earth.
Hello Terry,
It does look like the M/V pale blue wire on the new Myson CH actuator is connected to the earth wire in the terminal 3 from left highlighted with blue dot, which it should not be I am assuming it must move along one and connect to the same yellow wire as the HW Actuator blue, if that's the mistake I have made I will sit in the corner for an hour.
WP_20170722_001 diy terry_LI.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back