RCD problems with old appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fellas,
when you are changing a fusebox do you inform the customer before work begins about the potential problems of their appliances in relation to the RCDs, or do you just wing and a prayer it?

example.
a 3 bedroom house with 1 socket circuit supplying everything.
all appliances are donkeys years old...??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I do a full test first then tell them and explain it in simple words in person. It then goes in writing on my estimate together with paragraphs explaining why and how much it will cost to sort out any faults.

I don't do anything until they've signed my terms and conditions which include all this. Then if there are any problems they can't say they haven't been told and have signed to say they accept everything. Makes it alot easier extracting the money at the end of the day. And if it really goes pear shaped the paperwork makes subsequent recovery of the money much easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back