RCD Protection

Thank u very much for it! Will this fit my CU type/model?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Consumer_Units_Index/Wylex_Ns_2/index.html

These will yes. Scroll down to the very bottom. You will require B-type RCBO's for a domestic setting like a flat.

That's cool! So, one of these for each of the socket circuits, that right? (i don't have an electric shower).

An expensive solution for a problem which doesn't exist.

haha! I'm so confused now! I mean, there is a risk to get electrocuted accidentally if the system is not RCD protected! beside all the bloody regulations I'm now concerned about the risk posed by my system? Should I not??

Sponsored Links
It's certainly a good idea to RCD protect all general sockets IMO, but people didn't used to get electrocuted left right and centre before they were invented.

The RCD on it's own will not stop you getting injured, it will just lessen the extent of any injury. A properly designed, installed and maintained installation is a much beter way of preventing you from getting injured in the first place.

Think of an RCD the same as you think of an air bag in your car. If you were buying a new car you would most likely prefer one fitted with air bags, but you wouldn't stop driving your existing car just because it doesn't have them.

There is a very small risk I suppose. Whether you deem it necessary to reduce that risk is your choice. Hence the suggestion for RCBO's on socket circuits.

But I wouldn't be unduly worried about your lack of RCD protection either. Neither is your installation unsafe.

Ultimately if your BCO demands you have RCD protection on the circuits requiring it, for your warrant to be issued then that's his/her choice. :cry:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back