RCD protector unit wall mounted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,
I got an RCD unit that is wall mounted from B&Q. The model is BS4293.
Basically it is only an RCD unit with a fuse.
The diagram that came with it, is an extremely poor copy.
This hinders me as I now don't know how to wire the earth! There are 2 earth connections on the unit. One has the indication "E", the other has the indication "SE".
Where do I wire the earth of the load and where do I wire the earth of the supply?

Sponsored Links
BS4293 is the standard to which the RCD should operate.
Is there a maker's name on it.?
I seem to remember having to deal with a Volex RCD that had the same two terminals and unreadable instructions but do not recall how it was wired.

It's a nameless B&Q brand. The "manual" mentions a company called Electrium Sales Ltd.

Ah, I just read in font size 2 that for electrical safety the two earth connectors "E" and "SE" should be linked together.
It also says "When using product for clean earth facility no link wire is required". What does this mean?

Sponsored Links
ksporry said:
It's a nameless B&Q brand. The "manual" mentions a company called Electrium Sales Ltd.

Big company, own serveral decent brands such as Crabtree and Wylex, yet also own Volex and Marbo! not sure if they also do own brand stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back