RCD Tripping instantly

Sponsored Links
I am so gonna do my acronym list!

CU Consumer Unit
CCU Cooker Control Unit

Everyone puts CCU for Consumer Unit for some unknown reason. Did anyone ever hear the distinction of Distribution Board being reserved for commercial/industrial use? I can understand DB more perhaps when people mean sub main board or even panel board ie it distributes whole sub main circuits rather than presenting them to the "consumer" be they deomestic or commercial consumers.

CallEdsFirst said:
I am so gonna do my acronym list!

CU Consumer Unit
CCU Cooker Control Unit
Why is CCU not also Consumer Control Unit? ;)

Sponsored Links
Damn beaten to the jump!

Whoever heard of a Consumer Control Unit? Is that his wife? "She said we needed a new cooker, could you wire it up please?"

I like that distinction,sounds plausible, but all the items I would call DBs such as hagerss glass fronted jobbies and MEMss grey ones come with a selection of incomer options. Hell even a panel board will have a huge Air Circuit Breaker as an incomer.

I thought the "Consumer Unit" was introduced for Domestic use and serves the whole installation for the house; the point is that it combines the Main Switch and the Fusebox that used to be separate components pre-war.

"Distribution Board" makes me think of a 3-phase thing (preferably in grey metal).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back