RCD Tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Ihave just bought a new washing machine ,and when i plug it in (not all the time) it trips the rcd ,it never happened before with the old machine ,when it trips i reset it and eveythings fine and it doesnt trip again ,any idea
thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi
Its Brand new ,and only blows the first time you plug it in ,then you reset and the washers fine doesnt blow again till next time

Sponsored Links
Hi
Thanks for the replys ,well i have just tried the new washer plugged into a differant wall socket and it still trips the rcd ,so i think theres a problem with the washer ,what do you reckon cheers neil

Hi
Just had a replcement washer sent yesterday ,plugged it in ,rcd tripped ,reset the rcd ,and the washer was fine ,so i plugged it in again for about 15 times and it didnt trip ,then it did ,so intermitinent ,well its going back again ,what could the problem be ,cheers neil

unplug everything in the house and see if it still does it.

Have you tried this?

Have you got a lot of other white goods or computer equipment on the same circuit. Could just be the new washer takes the leakage over the threshold of your RCD and its tripping.

Hi
I tryed last night ,we had nothing switched on only the washer and it tripped ,so only had the washer on the circuit

Did you UNPLUG everything else, or just turn it off - it makes a difference unless all your socket outlets are double pole switched.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back