RCD trips *duplicate not required*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you both for your contributions. I have had the pump apart again, the impeller does seem a little damaged but no stones. I am puzzled because I have a RCD (?) in the conservatory leading to twin sockets outside for the pump and filter. When I plug these two in the outside sockets, they trip the RCD. But, if I run the pump and filter on an extension lead from a socket in my house, they both work. I am told by an electrician that there is nothing wrong with the sockets outside and the RCD. He thinks a fault in the pump may be causing this. I really don't know which way to go, get another electrician in or buy a new pump. I wish I had a crystal ball! Many thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Try in the electrical forum - maybe a more detailed reason there

Thank you both for your contributions. I have had the pump apart again, the impeller does seem a little damaged but no stones. I am puzzled because I have a RCD (?) in the conservatory leading to twin sockets outside for the pump and filter. When I plug these two in the outside sockets, they trip the RCD. But, if I run the pump and filter on an extension lead from a socket in my house, they both work. I am told by an electrician that there is nothing wrong with the sockets outside and the RCD. He thinks a fault in the pump may be causing this. I really don't know which way to go, get another electrician in or buy a new pump. I wish I had a crystal ball! Many thanks again.
RCD is more sensitive and will trip at slightest problem, have the same with an old chop saw, can't run it from garage rcd but runs fine from house power.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back