Re-assembling shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may turn out to be a long post so please bear with me.....

I have a fairly standard (cheapish) apex type shed measuring 6 x 10 feet.
I have dismantled it to renovate it as some of the original floor bearers were pretty rotton.

I'm now at the point of re-assembling the shed but I can't work out the best way of doing it. Here's the complication.....

The shed's final resting place has to have one long side about a foot out from the house, with the back gable end about six inches from a greenhouse. So that means I can't re-assemble and refelt the roof with the shed in position.

Furthermore, I want to place the shed on to 3inch square bearers, running parallel to the original ones i.e. perpendicular to the house.

My first thoughts were to re-assemble starting with the base the correct distance from the greenhouse but further out from the house. Assemble shed, refelt then some how push both shed and all bearers towards the house. The ground is smoothly rippled patio slabs. How does that sound?

I plan to fix dpc to the bottom of the main bearers. Is that likely to get torn by sliding the shed into position.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back