Re: Boiler PRV (Pressure Relief Valve) Lever Position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Quick question, and my stupid fault for not paying attention when testing the PRV. What is the correct position for the PRV lever, down, or up (where you can then pull forward for a manual flush)?

I've checked the manual for my boiler which would indicate up, but the wording is so poor. My memory is that it was down but really I can't remember.

Thanks for any help offered!

Ben

Sponsored Links
Ben your PRV is a pressure releif valve and it is a safety device of your boiler and should NEVER be manually operated leave it alone it is there for a reason and the reason is not for you or anyone else to manually operate it

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that normally this should not be operated, however mine was dripping. Since the manual operation this seems to have stopped so there must have been some build up on the valve. Are you able to advise about the correct position?

Thanks,

doesnt really matter to be honest but 6 Oclock position is normal is it a Vokera Linea by any chance ?

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian, no it's a Worcester Greenstar 30si - does the position not matter i.e. will the valve operate under took much pressure regardless of the lever position?

yes the valve will operate regardless of the position of the lever but the 6 Oclock position is the normal but doesnt make any difference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back