Alpha CB28 Pressure relief valve removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read and sorted the problem with my boiler's high pressure, by pumping up pressure of the expansion vessel. I am left with a leaking relief valve which I intend to replace. However on my Alpha CB28 the outlet stub of the PRV comes down through a steel plate which is effectivly the bottom chassis of the boiler. This looks like it will prevent me from unscrewing the PRV through 360deg.s to remove it unless I remove a lot of other valves too. Can anyone advise please. Is it an involved job to remove and replace the PRV on this model?

Also I was planning to buy a spare from somewhere like Combiboilerspares.com do I have to be a registered trade person to do that. I am not a trade plummer but have done many DIY jobs in the past so although confident, should I be tackling this or refering to a qualified Boiler engineer for this level of work?

Any advice much appreciated,
Ian

Sponsored Links
just remove the plastic bit from the brass housing, clean up the brass seat inside and screw the new plastic bit back in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back