Re-Building an old garage not the normal one...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I came across this great forum while trying to find an answer to my dilema... I hope somebody can help!

A family member owns a plot of land which was originally 3 houses and a large garage with the garage measuring roughly 5m by 25m. One of the houses has been pulled down many years ago and there was a fire in the garage which rendered it useless, the garage was then taken down by the council many moons ago before the house which owned the land was bought by my family member.

Since then the house has been turned into garden space but the footings and outlay of the garage still remain.

Basically I want to resurect/rebuild the old garage for my own use and I am unsure where I stand as it will be over the 30sqm threshold..

I have looked at the deeds (see below) and the garage building is still shown on them as outlined.

My question is am I able to simply re-build the garage to how it once looked (I have old photos)? Bearing in mind this was about 15 years ago, I would obviously build it back to a quality standard as required.

scan0001new.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back