Re-claimed Shelving Unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking about embarking on a new DIY project, in particular a re-claimed shelving unit which I came across (https://www.vital-parts.co.uk/diy-guide-re-claimed-scaffold-shelving-desk-unit-31-w.asp). It looks interesting as I have some of the parts lying around anyway (eg; Wooden boards, fixings) so wouldn't be too difficult.

What I am unsure of however is getting ahold of the scaffold ladders, does anyone know of anywhere to source these at all as they aren't something i've really come across?

Any help would be excellent as im looking to get started this weekend!

Sponsored Links
The build calls for something that is rarely discarded, so not very practical. No one is throwing away scaffold ladders unless they are broken or severely bent in which case they would be of little use.

The build calls for something that is rarely discarded, so not very practical. No one is throwing away scaffold ladders unless they are broken or severely bent in which case they would be of little use.

I see.

After asking for a bit more info on this, it appears that they got them from a second hand scaffold supplier.

They are very cheap for what they are though, so although not practical it can still be done relatively easily.

I am going to try it this weekend anyway, hopefully the outcome is good!

Sponsored Links
Try scaffolders or builders yards..our yard has loads of unservicable ladders lying around with broken rungs etc.
worth a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back